Relationships and Health education (RHE) is now a vital part of the school curriculum, recently made statutory by the DfE. At Lawley Primary School we mostly follow the KAPOW scheme, however this is supplemented with lessons and resources from the Shropshire Respect Yourself programme as well as the Expect Respect programme.
Children will develop these skills as they progress through school:
- Valuing families and different family structures
- Creating and maintaining positive friendships
- Developing safe and respectful relationships
- Understanding the changes that take place during puberty
- Promoting good health and carrying out first aid
- Learning to make independent choices and not be influenced by others
- Operating safely in a digital world
Please view the curriculum overview and progression of skills to find out more.